The rising instances of ransomware attacks is harrowing to say the least. Attackers seek to achieve quick financial gains through the use of this tactic and to be frank, it is working. This blog provides some solutions to help you avoid becoming the next ransomware victim.
The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is one of the most revolutionary developments in healthcare today. It empowers physicians to monitor patients remotely by providing the patient with network-enabled devices. These devices can track a wide variety of processes, from medication compliance to blood glucose level. Recalls of IoMT devices include pacemakers, infant heart rate monitors, insulin delivery systems, drug infusion pumps, and more. The time is now to focus on IoMT cybersecurity.
Hacked medical devices could be the next big security nightmare. There are currently between 10 and 15 connected devices per hospital bed in the United States, many of which are vulnerable to attack.
As a healthcare facility who deals with a lot of sensitive information, you have to make sure you’re HIPAA compliant. In this article, you’ll find a compliance checklist that’ll help you cover all your bases and are HIPAA compliant.
The number of healthcare cybersecurity breaches is on the rise with tens of millions affected in larger breaches, but hackers may target even regional insurers, smaller healthcare facilities, pharmacies, and individual physician’s offices. These breaches put medical facilities, insurers, and practitioners in the hot seat because they are liable for the security of the information they gather.
Penetration testing – sometimes called white-hat hacking – is how companies manage risk, increase business continuity, and protect clients from data breaches. In highly regulated industries such as healthcare, banking, and service industries, it also helps companies stay compliant. SOC 2, HIPAA, and PCI DSS are three of the main regulations that require penetration testing.
Connect with Us
Interested in our cybersecurity training or services? Complete the form below and we’ll get back with you right away. We appreciate your interest.
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing