At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
When people talk about medical device security, the conversation often turns to data security and HIPAA. There’s plenty to be said about protecting patient privacy, but patient safety is a greater concern.
The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is one of the most revolutionary developments in healthcare today. It empowers physicians to monitor patients remotely by providing the patient with network-enabled devices. These devices can track a wide variety of processes, from medication compliance to blood glucose level. Recalls of IoMT devices include pacemakers, infant heart rate monitors, insulin delivery systems, drug infusion pumps, and more. The time is now to focus on IoMT cybersecurity.
Hacking humans with nanotechnology may sound like a concept from a futuristic science fiction novel or movie, but the truth is, it’s not that far off and it could be the next big cyberthreat. If you thought data breaches involving your social security number or credit card information were scary, imagine the ramifications nanotechnology hacking.
Hacked medical devices could be the next big security nightmare. There are currently between 10 and 15 connected devices per hospital bed in the United States, many of which are vulnerable to attack.
Connect with Us
Interested in our cybersecurity training or services? Complete the form below and we’ll get back with you right away. We appreciate your interest.
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing