IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification Training
"Enjoyed....This class!!! Instructor was very intelligent and broke down every section clearly."
If you are an IT professional looking to get into IT service management using ITIL best practices, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification course is the first step in your preparation. The course will prepare you for the ITIL Foundation exam, introducing you to basic concepts used in IT service management. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information necessary to lead and manage an IT business service through every stage of its lifecycle.
Implementing and supporting IT services in the workplace can often be a daunting task since all organizations differ in key ways. Whether it's upgrading from one service to another, improving an existing service, or designing a service from scratch, business focused leadership and management are crucial elements of services that your customers will perceive as valuable. The course will prepare you for the ITIL Foundation exam, introducing you to basic concepts used in IT service management. In this course, you will be introduced to the fundamental concepts of ITIL to prepare you for the Foundation Certification.
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
In this course, you will describe the basic fundamental concepts of ITIL, and identify the phases of the IT Service Management Lifecycle.
- Describe the history and basic concepts of ITIL.
- Describe Continual Service Improvement in the IT Service Lifecycle.
- Describe Service Operation in the IT Service Lifecycle.
- Describe the various functions of Service Operation Lifecycle in the IT Service Lifecycle.
- Describe Service Transition in the IT Service Lifecycle.
- Describe Service Design in the IT Service Lifecycle.
- Describe Service Strategy in the IT Service Lifecycle.
Lesson 1: Introduction to ITIL
- ITIL Basics
- The Service Lifecycle
Lesson 2: Continual Service Improvement
- Purpose, Objectives, and Scope of CSI
- CSI Principles
Lesson 3: Service Operation
- Basic Concepts of Service Operation
- The Event Management Process
- The Incident Management Process
- The Problem Management Process
- The Request Fulfillment Process
- The Access Management Process
Lesson 4: Service Operation Functions
- The Service Desk Function
- The Technical Management Function
- The IT Operations Management Function
- The Application Management Function
Lesson 5: Service Transition
- Basic Concepts of Service Transition
- The Change Management Process
- The SACM Process
- The Release and Deployment Management Process
- The Knowledge Management Process
Lesson 6: Service Design
- Basic Concepts of Service Design
- The Service Level Management Process
- The Service Catalog Management Process
- The Availability Management Process
- The Capacity Management Process
- The Information Security Management Process
- IT Service Continuity Management
- The Supplier Management Process
Lesson 7: Service Strategy
- Basic Concepts of the Service Strategy Phase
- The Financial Management Process
- The Service Portfolio Management Process
- The Demand Management Process
- The Business Relationship Management Process
Continuing Education Credits
Our ITIL Foundation course is offered less than 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our O'Fallon, Illinois training facility, located at:
7 Eagle Center
O'Fallon, IL 62269
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic ITIL certified trainer. Instructors have real-world experience with IT service delivery.