CISSP Certification Training - Includes Exam
Available Live In-Person or Live Online
"The instructor was one the most professional instructors I have ever had. His knowledge of the material was extremely high. His ability to keep the class focused on the topics and learn the material required to pass the test was spot on."
This CISSP Certification Exam Prep course will expand upon your knowledge by addressing the essential elements of the eight domains that comprise a Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) for information systems security professionals. The course offers a job-related approach to the security process, while providing a framework to prepare for CISSP certification.
CISSPs earn much more than their non-certified peers. Check out the PayScale CISSP salary data for your region, job title, years experience, etc. Indeed.com has some useful CISSP salary information as well. The bottom line is having your CISSP opens doors, greatly increases your earning potential, and adds credibility to your skills.
This CISSP course helps you understand the eight CBK domains in enough detail to pass the exam. Our focus is to help you pass the exam, not to make you an expert on every topic. As CISSPs ourselves and practicing cybersecurity experts, we don't waste your time on unimportant topics, irrelevant to the exam.
The CISSP Certification is Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 approved for the following Information Assurance (IA) position categories:
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III
- Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III
DoD 8570 is also known as the IA Workforce Improvement Program. Details on DoD 8570 and other useful information can be found on the DISA IASE site.
To obtain the CISSP credential, you must have a minimum of five years of direct full-time information security work experience in at least two of the following (ISC)² CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) eight domains:
- Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, and Business Continuity)
- Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Security Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Communication and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
- Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
- Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
- Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery)
- Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
In this course, you will identify and reinforce the major security subjects from the eight domains of the (ISC)2 CISSP CBK:
- Analyze components of the Security and Risk Management domain.
- Analyze components of the Asset Security domain.
- Analyze components of the Security Engineering domain.
- Analyze components of the Communications and Network Security domain.
- Analyze components of the Identity and Access Management domain.
- Analyze components of the Security Assessment and Testing domain.
- Analyze components of the Security Operations domain.
- Analyze components of the Software Development Security domain.
Lesson 1: Security and Risk Management
- Security Governance Principles
- Professional Ethics
- Security Documentation
- Risk Management
- Threat Modeling
- Business Continuity Plan Fundamentals
- Acquisition Strategy and Practice
- Personnel Security Policies
- Security Awareness and Training
Lesson 2: Asset Security
- Asset Classification
- Privacy Protection
- Asset Retention
- Data Security Controls
- Secure Data Handling
Lesson 3: Security Engineering
- Security in the Engineering Lifecycle
- System Component Security
- Security Models
- Controls and Countermeasures in Enterprise Security
- Information System Security Capabilities
- Design and Architecture Vulnerability Mitigation
- Vulnerability Mitigation in Embedded, Mobile, and Web-Based Systems
- Cryptography Concepts
- Cryptography Techniques
- Site and Facility Design for Physical Security
- Physical Security Implementation in Sites and Facilities
Lesson 4: Communications and Network Security
- Network Protocol Security
- Network Components Security
- Communication Channel Security
- Network Attack Mitigation
Lesson 5: Identity and Access Management
- Physical and Logical Access Control
- Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
- Identity as a Service
- Authorization Mechanisms
- Access Control Attack Mitigation
Lesson 6: Security Assessment and Testing
- System Security Control Testing
- Software Security Control Testing
- Security Process Data Collection
Lesson 7: Security Operations
- Security Operations Concepts
- Physical Security
- Personnel Security
- Logging and Monitoring
- Preventative Measures
- Resource Provisioning and Protection
- Patch and Vulnerability Management
- Change Management
- Incident Response
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Disaster Recovery Implementation
Lesson 8: Software Development Security
- Security Principles in the System Lifecycle
- Security Principles in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Database Security in Software Development
- Security Controls in the Development Environment
- Software Security Effectiveness Assessment
As of December 18, 2017, CISSP exam has adopted CAT (Computer Adaptive Testing) exam format. The CAT exam format aims to provide a more precise evaluation of the candidate’s ability while allowing candidates to complete the exam in half the time.
- The CISSP Exam has 100-150 multiple choice and "advanced innovative" questions.
- Passing grade is 700 out of 1000 points.
- You have 3 hours to complete the exam.
- We will register for the exam in the course.
Continuing Education Credits
Our public courses are offered less than 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our partner, TechGuard Security's office, located outside of Scott Air Force Base.
703 Seibert Rd, Suite 2
Scott Air Force Base, Illinois 62225
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic CISSP certified trainer that is a cyber security professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the CISSP course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- January 22-26 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- February 5-15 (M-Th nights) (8 nights), 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 2018
- May 14-18 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- June 4-14 (M-Th nights) (8 nights), 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 2018