Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) Boot Camp
Available Live In-Person or Live Online
Computer forensics is the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence. Evidence might be sought in a wide range of computer crimes or misuse, including but not limited to; theft of trade secrets, theft of or destruction of intellectual property, and fraud. Computer forensic investigators can draw from an array of methods for discovering data that resides in a computer system, or recovering deleted, encrypted, or damaged file information.
The CHFI course will give participants the necessary skills to identify an intruder’s footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute. Many of today’s top tools of the forensic trade will be taught during this course, including software, hardware and specialized techniques. It is no longer a matter of “will your organization be comprised (hacked)?” but, rather, “when?” Today’s battle between corporations, governments, and countries are no longer fought only in the typical arenas of boardrooms or battlefields using physical force. Now, the battlefield starts in the technical realm, which ties into most every facet of modern day life. If you or your organization requires the knowledge or skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cybercriminal, then this is the course for you.
- Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Searching and Seizing Computers
- Digital Evidence
- First Responder Procedures
- Computer Forensics Lab
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Windows Forensics
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Recovering Deleted Files and Deleted Partitions
- Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
- Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
- Steganography and Image File Forensics
- Application Password Crackers
- Log Capturing and Event Correlation
- Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and
- Investigating Network Traffic
- Investigating Wireless Attacks
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Tracking Emails and Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Investigative Reports
- Becoming an Expert Witness
This CHFI Boot Camp prepares you for the CHFI Exam is part of the course and is offered as a proctored exam the last day of class.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Length of Test: 4 hours
- Passing Score: 70%
Continuing Education Credits
Our public CHFI courses are less than 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our partner, TechGuard Security's office, located outside of Scott Air Force Base.
703 Seibert Rd, Suite 2
Scott Air Force Base, Illinois 62225
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic CHFI certified trainer that is a cyber security professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- August 28 - September 1 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2017
- September 25 - October 5 (M-Th nights), 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 2017
- December 11-15 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2017
Check out our Training Voucher Program.