CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills and best practices required to:
- Customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
In this course, you will learn about:
- The importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessment.
- Gathering information to prepare for exploitation and then performing a vulnerability scan and analyzing results.
- Exploiting network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarizing physical security attacks, and performing post-exploitation techniques.
- Conducting information gathering exercises with various tools and analyzing output and basic scripts (limited to : Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Utilizing report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
Course includes one (1) CompTIA PenTest+ PT1-001 Exam Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- Description: The CompTIA PenTest+ certification covers network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as application, data and host security. Also included are access control, identity management, and cryptography.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 110 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 Minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
5 days or 8 nights
Continuing Education Credits
Our PenTest+ course is offered less than 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our O'Fallon, Illinois training facility, located at:
7 Eagle Center, Suite B-5
O'Fallon, IL 62269
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic Security+ certified trainer that is a cybersecurity professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the CompTIA Security+ course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- September 17-21 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- December 10-14 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018