CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training
Available Live In-Person or Live Online
Includes the Following:
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Exam Voucher
- Expert training by working cybersecurity professionals
- Lunch, snacks, beverages, and networking opportunities
- Digital and Print materials
- 180 day access to online hacking range
CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills and best practices required to:
- Customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
After you complete this course, you will be able to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests.
- Plan and scope penetration tests.
- Conduct passive reconnaissance.
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information.
- Conduct active reconnaissance.
- Analyze vulnerabilities.
- Penetrate networks.
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities.
- Test applications.
- Complete post-exploit tasks.
- Analyze and report pen test results.
Lesson 1: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
Lesson 2: Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
Lesson 3: Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
Lesson 4: Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
Lesson 6: Penetrating Networks
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
Lesson 7: Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
Lesson 8: Testing Applications
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
Lesson 9: Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
Lesson 10: Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
Course includes one (1) CompTIA PenTest+ PT1-001 Exam Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- Description: The CompTIA PenTest+ certification covers network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as application, data and host security. Also included are access control, identity management, and cryptography.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 110 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 Minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
5 days or 8 nights
Continuing Education Credits
Our PenTest+ course is offered less than 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our O'Fallon, Illinois training facility, located at:
7 Eagle Center, Suite B-5
O'Fallon, IL 62269
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic PenTest+ certified trainer that is a cybersecurity professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the CompTIA PenTest+ course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- September 10-14 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- December 10-14 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018