Network+ Certification Training (NET+)
Available Live In-Person or Live Online
"For the first time in my career I now understand subnetting!"
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
OVERVIEW and Objectives
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
Lesson 1: Network Theory
- Topic A: Networking Overview
- Topic B: Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Topic C: Network Types
- Topic D: Identify Network Configurations
- Topic E: Data Transmission Methods
Lesson 2: Bounded Network Media
- Topic A: Copper Media
- Topic B: Fiber Optic Media
- Topic C: Bounded Network Media Installation
- Topic D: Noise Control
Lesson 3: Unbounded Network Media
- Topic A: Wireless Networking
- Topic B: Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Topic C: Install a Wireless Network
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
- Topic A: Physical Network Topologies
- Topic B: Logical Network Topologies
- Topic C: Ethernet Networks
- Topic D: Network Devices
- Topic E: VLANs
Lesson 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- Topic A: The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Topic B: IPv4 Addressing
- Topic C: Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Topic D: Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- Topic E: IPv6 Address Implementation
- Topic F: Delivery Techniques
Lesson 6: Routing
- Topic A: Enable Static Routing
- Topic B: Implement Dynamic IP Routing
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
- Topic A: Assign IP Addresses
- Topic B: Domain Naming Services
- Topic C: TCP/IP Commands
- Topic D: Common TCP/IP Protocols
Lesson 8: WAN Infrastructure
- Topic A: WAN Basics
- Topic B: WAN Connectivity Methods
- Topic C: WAN Transmission Technologies
- Topic D: Unified Communication Technologies
Lesson 9: Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- Topic A: Virtualization
- Topic B: SAN Implementations
- Topic C: Cloud Computing
Lesson 10: Network Security Basics
- Topic A: Introduction to Network Security
- Topic B: Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Threats and Attacks
- Topic D: Authentication Methods
- Topic E: Encryption Methods
Lesson 11: Preventing Security Breaches
- Topic A: Physical Security Controls
- Topic B: Network Access Controls
- Topic C: Install and Configure Firewalls
- Topic D: Harden Networks
- Topic E: Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Topic F: Educate Users
Lesson 12: Responding to Security Incidents
- Topic A: Incident Management and Response
- Topic B: Basic Forensic Concepts
Lesson 13: Remote Networking
- Topic A: Remote Network Architectures
- Topic B: Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Topic C: Virtual Private Networking
- Topic D: VPN Protocols
Lesson 14: Network Management
- Topic A: Network Monitoring
- Topic B: Configuration Management Documentation
- Topic C: Network Performance Optimization
Lesson 15: Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Topic A: Network Troubleshooting Models
- Topic B: Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Topic C: Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Topic D: Common Connectivity Issues
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Security Configuration Issues
- Topic F: Troubleshoot Security Issues
Course includes one (1) CompTIA Network+ Exam Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- Description: The CompTIA Network+ certification covers the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common wired and wireless network devices. Also included are emerging technologies such as unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 90 Minutes
- Passing Score: 720 (on a scale of 100-900)
Continuing Education Credits
Our public courses are offered less than 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis at Selsius™ Corporate and Career Training, Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) Belleville Campus:
Information Sciences Building, 2500 Carlyle Avenue, Belleville, IL 62221
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic Security+ certified trainer that is a cybersecurity professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the Network+ course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online