As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for most organizations. The behavioral analytics skills covered by CySA+ identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface.
CompTIA CySA+ is for IT professionals looking to gain the following security analyst skills:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
In this course, you will assess and respond to security threats and operate a systems and network security analysis platform.
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization's technology architecture.
Lesson 1: Assessing Information Security Risk
- Identify the Importance of Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Assess the Impact of Reconnaissance Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Social Engineering
Lesson 3: Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
- Assess the Impact of System Hacking Attacks
- Assess the Impact of Web-Based Attacks
- Assess the Impact of Malware
- Assess the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation Attacks
- Assess the Impact of DoS Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Mobile Security
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Cloud Security
Lesson 4: Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
- Assess Command and Control Techniques
- Assess Persistence Techniques
- Assess Lateral Movement and Pivoting Techniques
- Assess Data Exfiltration Techniques
- Assess Anti-Forensics Techniques
Lesson 5: Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
- Implement a Vulnerability Management Plan
- Assess Common Vulnerabilities
- Conduct Vulnerability Scans
- Conduct Penetration Tests on Network Assets
Lesson 6: Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
- Deploy a Security Intelligence Collection and Analysis Platform
- Collect Data from Network-Based Intelligence Sources
- Collect Data from Host-Based Intelligence Sources
Lesson 7: Analyzing Log Data
- Use Common Tools to Analyze Logs
- Use SIEM Tools for Analysis
Lesson 8: Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
- Analyze Incidents with Windows-Based Tools
- Analyze Incidents with Linux-Based Tools
- Analyze Malware
- Analyze Indicators of Compromise
Lesson 9: Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Deploy an Incident Handling and Response Architecture
- Mitigate Incidents
- Prepare for Forensic Investigation as a CSIRT
Lesson 10: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Apply a Forensic Investigation Plan
- Securely Collect and Analyze Electronic Evidence
- Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Lesson 11: Addressing Security Architecture Issues
- Remediate Identity and Access Management Issues
- Implement Security During the SDLC
Course includes one (1) CompTIA CySA+ CS0-001 Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- Description: The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization, with the end goal of securing and protecting applications and systems within an organization.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 85 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 Minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
5 days or 8 nights
Continuing Education Credits
Our CySA+ course is offered less than 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our O'Fallon, Illinois training facility, located at:
7 Eagle Center, Suite B-5
O'Fallon, IL 62269
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic CySA+ certified trainer that is a cybersecurity professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the CompTIA CySA+ course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- August 20-30 (M-Th nights) (8 nights), 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 2018
- Live Online Only
- September 24-28 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018