While IT Professionals today are expected to understand some basic cloud terminology and concepts, and have likely worked with public cloud or Software-as-a-Service solutions, the ability to analyze, evaluate, design, and test cloud computing solutions are hard skills to find, and are in high demand. In this course, you will apply the skills required to evaluate and implement standard deployments. You will implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies including network, storage, and virtualization technologies to create cloud solutions. You will manage workload migrations, manage cloud vendors to control costs, use automation and orchestration to bring business value from cloud solutions, and ensure security of cloud implementations through the use of cybersecurity best practices. In addition, this course prepares you to pass the CompTIA® Cloud+® exam and earn the corresponding certification.
OVERVIEW and Objectives
In this course, you will deploy, test, secure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot a cloud solution.
- Prepare to deploy cloud solutions.
- Deploy a pilot project.
- Test a pilot project deployment.
- Design a secure network for cloud deployment.
- Determine CPU and memory sizing for cloud deployments.
- Determine storage requirements for cloud deployments.
- Plan Identity and Access Management for cloud deployments.
- Analyze workload characteristics to ensure successful migration to the cloud.
- Secure systems to meet access requirements.
- Maintain cloud systems.
- Implement backup, restore, and business continuity measures.
- Analyze cloud systems for required performance.
- Analyze cloud systems for anomalies and growth forecasting.
- Troubleshoot deployment, capacity, automation, and orchestration issues.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot security issues.
Lesson 1: Preparing to Deploy Cloud Solutions
- Describe Interaction of Cloud Components and Services
- Describe Interaction of Non-cloud Components and Services
- Evaluate Existing Components and Services for Cloud Deployment
- Evaluate Automation and Orchestration Options
- Prepare for Cloud Deployment
Lesson 2: Deploying a Pilot Project
- Manage Change in a Pilot Project
- Execute Cloud Deployment Workflow
- Complete Post-Deployment Configuration
Lesson 3: Testing Pilot Project Deployments
- Identify Cloud Service Components for Testing
- Test for High Availability and Accessibility
- Perform Deployment Load Testing
- Analyze Test Results
Lesson 4: Designing a Secure and Compliant Cloud Infrastructure
- Design Cloud Infrastructure for Security
- Determine Organizational Compliance Needs
Lesson 5: Designing and Implementing a Secure Cloud Environment
- Design Virtual Network for Cloud Deployment
- Determine Network Access Requirements
- Secure Networks for Cloud Interaction
- Manage Cloud Component Security
- Implement Security Technologies
Lesson 6: Planning Identity and Access Management for Cloud Deployments
- Determine Identity Management and Authentication Technologies
- Plan Account Management Policies for the Network and Systems
- Control Access to Cloud Objects
- Provision Accounts
Lesson 7: Determining CPU and Memory Sizing for Cloud Deployments
- Determine CPU Size for Cloud Deployment
- Determine Memory Size for Cloud Deployment
Lesson 8: Determining Storage Requirements for Cloud Deployments
- Determine Storage Technology Requirements
- Select Storage Options for Deployment
- Determine Storage Access and Provisioning Requirements
- Determine Storage Security Options
Lesson 9: Analyzing Workload Characteristics to Ensure Successful Migration
- Determine the Type of Cloud Deployment to Perform
- Manage Virtual Machine and Container Migration
- Manage Network, Storage, and Data Migration
Lesson 10: Maintaining Cloud Systems
- Patch Cloud Systems
- Design and Implement Automation and Orchestration for Maintenance
Lesson 11: Implementing Backup, Restore, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity Measures
- Back Up and Restore Cloud Data
- Implement Disaster Recovery Plans
- Implement Business Continuity Plans
Lesson 12: Analyzing Cloud Systems for Performance
- Monitor Cloud Systems to Measure Performance
- Optimize Cloud Systems to Meet Performance Criteria
Lesson 13: Analyzing Cloud Systems for Anomalies and Growth Forecasting
- Monitor for Anomalies and Resource Needs
- Plan for Capacity
- Create Reports on Cloud System Metrics
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Deployment, Capacity, Automation, and Orchestration Issues
- Troubleshoot Deployment Issues
- Troubleshoot Capacity Issues
- Troubleshoot Automation and Orchestration Issues
Lesson 15: Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Identify Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues
Lesson 16: Troubleshooting Security Issues
- Troubleshoot Identity and Access Issues
- Troubleshoot Attacks
- Troubleshoot Other Security Issues
Course includes one (1) CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-002 Exam Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- Description: CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) reflects an emphasis on incorporating and managing cloud technologies as part of broader systems operations. It assumes a candidate will weave together solutions that meet specific business needs and work in a variety of different industries. It includes the new technologies to support the changing cloud market as more organizations depend on cloud-based technologies to run mission critical systems, and hybrid and multi-cloud have become the norm.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 90 Minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
5 days or 8 nights
Continuing Education Credits
Our Cloud+ course is offered less than 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our O'Fallon, Illinois training facility, located at:
7 Eagle Center, Suite B-5
O'Fallon, IL 62269
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic Cloud+ certified trainer that is a cybersecurity professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the CompTIA Cloud+ course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- October 15-19 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018