O'Fallon, IL - September 11, 2017 – Alpine Security, a cybersecurity firm specializing in penetration testing and cybersecurity training, provides interactive penetration testing workshop for the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC) Cybersecurity for Manufacturers Educational Event. This cybersecurity event series was held over three days:
- September 6 in Edwardsville, IL
- September 7 in Peoria, IL
- September 8 in Schaumburg, IL
The cybersecurity workshop focused on the following topics:
- How manufacturers are being targeted by hackers and cybercriminals
- NIST 800-171 compliance issues for contractors to the federal government
- Different types of cyber hackers and examples of recent attacks against manufacturers
- Root causes of cyber attacks and how most cyber attacks could be avoided
- How to identify your assets and risks, protect your assets, detect vulnerability, respond to events, recover successfully from events
- The importance of penetration testing, and what considerations to make if selecting an external vendor to provide this service
Alpine Security's interactive presentation covered many aspects of penetration testing, including what a penetration tests consists of, why you should have a penetration test conducted, the differences between a vulnerability assessment and a penetration test, and different categories and types of penetration tests. The presentation also included a discussion of the Top 10 items to look for in a penetration testing vendor.
A copy of the presentation can be found HERE.
IMEC is a team of improvement specialists and technicians dedicated to providing organizations in Illinois with the tools and techniques to create sustainable competitive futures. The experienced hands-on team at IMEC works closely with its clients to plan critical business improvements in the areas of Leadership, Strategy, Customer, Operations, and Workforce. With more than 50 full-time staff and partners positioned statewide, IMEC delivers the local expertise to not only plan and strategize, but to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of client improvements. In fact, IMEC assists more than 500 companies each year with successful business improvement projects. As a result, IMEC has demonstrated a return on investment that exceeds 19:1. This is made possible as organizations become more effective and efficient - and together with IMEC - excel toward enterprise excellence.
About Alpine Security
Alpine Security is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business providing cybersecurity assessment services including penetration testing, risk assessments, incident response, audits, and digital forensics. Alpine Security also provides cybersecurity certification hands-on technical training. We believe it is better to have an ally determine your weaknesses than the enemy. We are based in the Greater St. Louis area and add value to clients worldwide.