O'Fallon, IL - May 22, 2017 – Alpine Security, a cybersecurity firm specializing in penetration testing and cybersecurity training, hosted a live hacking and professional development event on Friday, May 19th, at the Southwestern Illinois College campus. One of the event's main objectives was to announce Alpine Security's EC-Council partnership. Alpine Security is an EC-Council Accredited Training Center (ATC) and has recently expanded their EC-Council course offerings to include ECSAv9, CHFIv9, CSCU, CEHv9, and CND.
Alpine Security's interactive presentation included Live Hacking Demonstrations on the following:
- Password generation and cracking - time involved to crack passwords vs passphrases
- Simple, 5 Step Hacking Process - from Discovery to Full Compromise in 5 Steps
- Social Engineering - simple ways to steal social media or html logon credentials from any website
In addition to the Live Hacking Demonstrations, the presentation covered the following:
- Alpine Security Cybersecurity Training Differentiators
- EC-Council Partnership, as an EC-Council ATC
- New Courses - ECSAv9, CND, and CSCU
- iLabs - online Cyber Range Overview
- State of Affairs with Cyberattacks
- Social Engineering - Hacking Humans
- Thumb Drive Exploits - real world example, from recent penetration test
- Phishing Campaigns - real world example, from recent penetration test
- Course Relevance to Social Engineering and Hacking
A copy of the presentation can be found HERE.
International Council of E-Commerce Consultants, also known as EC-Council, is the world’s largest cyber security technical certification body. We operate in 145 countries globally and we are the owner and developer of the world-famous Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (C|HFI), Certified Security Analyst (ECSA), License Penetration Testing (Practical) programs, among others. We are proud to have trained and certified over 200,000 information security professionals globally that have influenced the cyber security mindset of countless organizations worldwide.
About Alpine Security
Alpine Security is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business providing cybersecurity certification hands-on technical training and cybersecurity assessment services including penetration testing, risk assessments, incident response, audits, and digital forensics. We believe it is vital to have working, practical knowledge in any subject you teach as a trainer. Our trainers have practical, real-world experience because they also work as penetration testers, incident response handlers, forensic analysts, auditors, etc. We offer both Live In-Person and Live Online certification training. Our courses include the exam voucher and have an exam pass guarantee. We are based in the Greater St. Louis area and add value to clients worldwide.