Project Management Professional (PMP) / Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification Training
Available Live In-Person or Live Online
"Enjoyed....This class!!! Instructor was very intelligent and broke down every section clearly."
If you are considering taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be considering embarking on a career in professional project management. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully manage projects.
Project managers who have proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
To be eligible for PMP credential, you must meet the following requirements:
This course fulfills the 35 contact hours of formal education requirement. Please see the PMI PMP Handbook for more information
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to successfully manage projects:
- Get started with project management fundamentals.
- Identify organizational influences and project life cycle.
- Work with project management processes.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan a project.
- Plan for project time management.
- Plan project budget, quality, and communications.
- Plan for risk, procurements, and stakeholder management.
- Execute a project.
- Manage project work, scope, schedules, and cost.
- Control a project.
- Close a project.
LESSON 1: GETTING STARTED WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Topic A: Components of Project Management
- Topic B: Project Management and the Business
LESSON 2: PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND THE ORGANIZATION
- Topic A: Identify Organizational Influences
- Topic B: Project Stakeholders and Governance
- Topic C: The Project Team
- Topic D: The Project Life Cycle
LESSON 3: WORKING WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROCESSES
- Topic A: Project Management Processes and Knowledge Areas
- Topic B: Identify Project Information
LESSON 4: INITIATING A PROJECT
- Topic A: Develop a Project Charter
- Topic B: Identify Project Stakeholders
LESSON 5: PLANNING A PROJECT
- Topic A: Develop a Project Management Plan
- Topic B: Plan Scope Management
- Topic C: Collect Project Requirements
- Topic D: Define Project Scope
- Topic E: Create a WBS
LESSON 6: PLANNING FOR PROJECT TIME MANAGEMENT
- Topic A: Plan Schedule Management
- Topic B: Define Project Activities
- Topic C: Sequence Project Activities
- Topic D: Estimate Activity Resources
- Topic E: Estimate Activity Durations
- Topic F: Develop a Project Schedule
LESSON 7: PLANNING PROJECT BUDGET, QUALITY, AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Topic A: Plan Project Cost Management
- Topic B: Estimate Project Costs
- Topic C: Determine the Project Budget
- Topic D: Plan Quality Management
- Topic E: Plan Human Resource Management
- Topic F: Plan Communications Management
LESSON 8: PLANNING FOR RISK, PROCUREMENTS, AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Topic A: Plan Risk Management
- Topic B: Identify Risks
- Topic C: Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Topic D: Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Topic E: Plan for Risk Response
- Topic F: Plan Project Procurements
- Topic G: Plan Stakeholder Management
LESSON 9: EXECUTING A PROJECT
- Topic A: Direct and Manage Project Work
- Topic B: Perform Quality Assurance
- Topic C: Acquire Project Team
- Topic D: Develop Project Team
- Topic E: Manage a Project Team
- Topic F: Manage Communications
- Topic G: Conduct Procurements
- Topic H: Manage Stakeholder Engagement
LESSON 10: MANAGING PROJECT WORK, SCOPE, SCHEDULES, AND COST
- Topic A: Monitor and Control Project Work
- Topic B: Perform Integrated Change Control
- Topic C: Validate Project Scope
- Topic D: Control Project Scope
- Topic E: Control the Project Schedule
- Topic F: Control Project Costs
LESSON 11: CONTROLLING THE PROJECT
- Topic A: Control Project Quality
- Topic B: Control Communications
- Topic C: Control Project Risks
- Topic D: Control Project Procurements
- Topic E: Control Stakeholder Engagement
LESSON 12: CLOSING A PROJECT
- Topic A: Close Project or Phase
- Topic B: Close Procurements
- The PMP Exam has 200 multiple-choice questions. Out of the 200 random questions, 25 are considered "pretest" questions, which do not affect your score.
- You have four hours to complete the exam.
- Passing Score. Unknown. According to PMI "The passing score for all PMI exams is determined by sound psychometric analysis. PMI uses subject matter experts from across the globe to help establish a point at which each candidate should pass the
exam(s) and the exam point of difficulty. Data that show how candidates actually performed are cross referenced with the subject matter experts to ensure that the point of difficulty on each exam is healthy."
- You cannot register for the exam until you have completed the PMP application process and submitted payment. Review the PMP Handbook for more details.
Continuing Education Credits
- Selsius™ Corporate and Career Training, Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) Belleville Campus:
- Information Sciences Building, 2500 Carlyle Avenue, Belleville, IL 62221
- Onsite, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic PMP certified trainer that is a project management professional. Instructors have real-world experience with managing projects and with the material covered in the PMP course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- July 24-28, 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2017
We offer course discounts for multiple enrollments. Please Contact Us for more information.