If you work in the field of Information Technology, you have probably heard of Vulnerability Assessment (VA). VA is a process of identifying security vulnerabilities in a system. It is recommended that you conduct a VA against your organization’s network every quarter, and if your organization follows certain policy and standards, such as PCI DSS, VA is a requirement. However, organizations should not be the only ones conducting VAs against their network; average home users should also conduct vulnerability assessment against their network. In this blog, I will guide you through the process of performing a VA against your network using Nessus Home.
Black Box Penetration Testing tests a target with little to no prior knowledge about the target environment. Despite the best efforts of vulnerability scanning tools, they often miss critical vulnerabilities and major issues. These missed vulnerabilities can be exploited by attackers to gain full control of your environment. A Black Box Penetration Test identifies additional vulnerabilities and security issues. If minimizing cybersecurity risk is a goal, both a vulnerability scan and a Black Box Penetration Test are recommended.
Connect with Us
Interested in our cybersecurity training or services? Complete the form below and we’ll get back with you right away. We appreciate your interest.
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing