As a healthcare facility who deals with a lot of sensitive information, you have to make sure you’re HIPAA compliant. In this article, you’ll find a compliance checklist that’ll help you cover all your bases and are HIPAA compliant.
Audits are necessary to determine whether or not an individual, company, or organization is meeting the requirements of a specific set of regulations or controls. Since certain regulations can impose steep financial penalties or other negative sanctions for non-compliance on both organizations and employees, it is extremely beneficial for organizations to routinely have compliance requirements verified and conduct audits to ensure continued compliance.
Penetration testing – sometimes called white-hat hacking – is how companies manage risk, increase business continuity, and protect clients from data breaches. In highly regulated industries such as healthcare, banking, and service industries, it also helps companies stay compliant. SOC 2, HIPAA, and PCI DSS are three of the main regulations that require penetration testing.
Connect with Us
Interested in our cybersecurity training or services? Complete the form below and we’ll get back with you right away. We appreciate your interest.
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing