More than 65 percent of senior decision-makers at small businesses still believe that they’re unlikely to be targeted by cybercriminals. About 60 percent of those businesses have no defense plan in place and an estimated 14 percent are insufficiently prepared to respond if an attack does occur.
Common sense is not always common practice, especially with cybersecurity. Most of the breaches we see today are not because some super cool artificial intelligence firewall failed.
The number of healthcare cybersecurity breaches is on the rise with tens of millions affected in larger breaches, but hackers may target even regional insurers, smaller healthcare facilities, pharmacies, and individual physician’s offices. These breaches put medical facilities, insurers, and practitioners in the hot seat because they are liable for the security of the information they gather.
We look at five of the worst cybersecurity breaches of all time. There are many ways to rank the largest cybersecurity breaches. We chose to highlight those that affected the most records, triggered the highest dollar impact, was repeated, was an inside job, and the most egregious.
Connect with Us
Interested in our cybersecurity training or services? Complete the form below and we’ll get back with you right away. We appreciate your interest.
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing