The most common two-factor authentication method is a password and a time-based one-time password (TOTP), which can be sent to your phone via SMS. So even if your password is compromised, the cybercriminals will need the second factor, a code sent to your phone, to log into your account. However, using SMS for two-factor authentication is not considered safe anymore. Why is it not safe anymore? What should we use then?
About Christian Espinosa
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Christian Espinosa has contributed 110 entries to our website, so far.
Do you work in IT or cybersecurity and want to advance your career? Are you required to hold certain certifications for your job? It sounds like you need some certification training. Finding the right training for your certification can help you achieve your goals, save time and money, and even put you on the fast track to promotions and pay raises.
The OSCP certification is great for individuals with several years of experience in system administration, networking, or software development, who wish to learn “elite hacking skills.” The LPT (Master) is great for those who want to pursue penetration testing as a career and who are looking for a certification that demonstrates that they can complete a realistic penetration test simulation on their own.
Online password cracking has advantages and disadvantages. It is effective if executed properly. There are numerous defenses to prevent attackers from cracking your passwords.
Black Box Penetration Testing tests a target with little to no prior knowledge about the target environment. Despite the best efforts of vulnerability scanning tools, they often miss critical vulnerabilities and major issues. These missed vulnerabilities can be exploited by attackers to gain full control of your environment. A Black Box Penetration Test identifies additional vulnerabilities and security issues. If minimizing cybersecurity risk is a goal, both a vulnerability scan and a Black Box Penetration Test are recommended.
ECSA Certification review by Daniel Sewell, Sr. Penetration Tester for Alpine Security. The EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) certification consists of both a hands-on practical penetration test and a multiple choice exam.
DoD 8570, the Cybersecurity Information Assurance Workforce Development Program, will soon be replaced by DoD 8140. DoD 8570 determines which cybersecurity certifications are required for Information Assurance positions in a United State’s government organization.
PCI version 3.2 changes include penetration testing every six months, replacing SSL with TLS, having a formal process for detection and reporting critical security control failures, and multi-factor authentication for admin accounts.
Armitage (Metasploit GUI) makes hacking easy. All you need is a vulnerable target and a working exploit in Metasploit. The “Hail Mary” tries all potential exploits against a target, requiring you to know next to nothing about the vulnerabilities or exploits.
Windows Task Manager serves a purpose, but we recommend you replace it with Process Explorer for many reasons. A few of the reasons for using Process Explorer: It is Free. It easily integrates with VirtusTotal. It shows process dependencies / process trees.
Connect with Us
Interested in our cybersecurity training or services? Complete the form below and we’ll get back with you right away. We appreciate your interest.
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing